DATE: Sunday 19th November 2023
VENUE: Sporting Chances, Level 5, Princes House, 50 West Campbell Street, Glasgow, G2 6QQ
PRICE: £15 to include entry and medals
This is an entry-level event, designed to give young judoka a taste of competitive judo and to let parents see the progress being made by their children. Medals will be awarded to all competitors.
Our team of volunteers will be on hand to make sure everyone has a great time and that children enjoy a taste of competitive judo in a friendly and supportive atmosphere. The event will have something for everyone:
- It is a great venue in the heart of Glasgow, just a five-minute walk from the main train stations
- Fun warm-up led by our team of full-time athletes and Commonwealth Games stars
- Evenly matched contests – players will be placed in pools according to age, weight and ability – ensuring that everyone has the best possible chance to excel
- Trained referees and formal scoring to give the feel of top-flight judo competition.
- Café with hot drinks, rolls and snacks to keep parents and athletes going
- Raffle with great prizes – in support of our parent charity, Sporting Chances Alba
- Judo Sporting Goods Shop – judogi, clothing and a wide range of bargain items
- Player medals presented by Commonwealth Games athletes, Rachel Tytler and David Ferguson
Below is some important information to help us make sure the event runs smoothly and that you have the best time.
|It is important that players arrive at the slot provided below and be on time to get matches off to a prompt start
|After medal ceremonies for each group please begin to clear the hall for the next group of players entering.
|Level 5, Princes House, 50 West Campbell Street, Glasgow, G2 6SE
|Sunday 19th of November
|Group 1 ( Age 4 – 7 )
|9:30 am – 9:45 am (Provisional)
|Group 2 ( Age 8 – 9 )
|11:45 am – 12:00 pm (Provisional)
|Group 3 ( Age 10 – 13 )
|1:45 pm – 2 pm (Provisional)
HOW TO GET TO THE VENUE & PARKING
|We recommend coming to the venue by public transport, Glasgow Central Station is only a short walk away.
|There are several buses that will take you close to Glasgow Central Station, Buchanan Bus Station is a 15 min walk from the venue also.
|Car & Parking
|St Enoch’s Centre parking is £3 for the whole day and is only 10 min walk from the venue.
There is limited parking directly outside the venue and on Sunday on the street parking charges are applied, limited to 2 hours, and wardens do operate.
Q Park is close to the venue but be warned it is very expensive.
HOW TO GET INTO THE VENUE
To gain entry into the building press the buzzer for “Sporting Chances” Please be patient someone will answer the phone to allow access.
Once inside proceed to Level 5 using the elevators on the righthand side.