Pro Judo is committed to ensuring that equality is incorporated across all aspects of its development. In doing so it acknowledges and adopts the following equality statement:
Pro Judo is strongly committed to equality for all sectors of the community. It is the policy of Pro Judo to ensure that no club personnel will receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, gender, marital status, sexuality, employment status, social class, colour, race, ethnic or national origin, religious belief or disability, or will be disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which are not relevant to performance level.
Pro Judo will ensure that all members are aware of, understand and follow the club’s equality statement and in doing so aim to eliminate any barriers or “perceived” barriers to participation within the club.
The implementation of this policy will ensure that the following aims are met by Pro Judo
- Increased awareness within the club of the needs of those who face discrimination.
- The club considers equality in all areas of the club’s services.
- The club’s premises are accessible to all, including disabled people.
- The rules of the club state that discriminatory language or behaviour is not acceptable.
- The implementation of this policy will be reviewed regularly and monitored for effectiveness by the club committee.